Friday, March 18, 2011

Fun times at Sunshine Acres

I am fortunate enough to have the time to volunteer at a wonderful place called Sunshine Acres. It's a place for children who have bad home situations and need a better environment. They have a great equine program that allows the kids to use horses to heal.
I work in the horse program where I am able to fulfill my need to be around horses and I get to spend time teaching a sweet little girl to ride.
Last weekend I was able to take my two cute little nieces there and show them some of the horses. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

This is Fransisco


Kasey riding Sonora (who likes to buck every time I ride her)



Darby holding on as Lacey jumps


Kacey, Max and I


Good Times!

This was so fun, I loved being able to teach my nieces about horses


The girls fell in love with Lacey, I caught them trying to sneak her in the car a couple times

This is a look of pure joy

Kacy and Samson, who is huge

I'm pretty lucky to be able to have this great opportunity not only to share this with my nieces but also to be a part of such a great program.
If you'd like more information or to donate to Sunshine Acres you can go to http://sunshineacres.org/

2 comments:

Colleen Marie said...

My horseback riding teacher once said: There is nothing for the inside of a kid quite like the outside of horse. I'm prone to agree with him.

Leslie Anne said...

Wow Haley, that place looks amazing. It looks like you guys had a fun day too. I'm also very envious of your warm weather.