Friday, February 6, 2009

I have the best job ever....

So as a purchasing agent for the department I work for, not only is it awesome that I have a company credit card (would anyone like to join me for a cruise to New Zealand...), but I also get tons of catalogs from the companies I order from. It would be really cool if worked for a equine company (horses) or heck, even a clothing store, but I don't so none of the catalogs that are sent to me are very interesting. That doesn't stop me from flipping through them to see if there is anything that catches my eye. The last couple of catalogs, have been eye catching, jaw dropping, and hiney tingling.
*If you have a weak stomach or are Nate, Marshall or Bob, please do not read further.


I'll start with a nice easy one, I get to order skulls and skeletons on one website. The company does special orders and someone ordered a Centaur. This is the combination of a human and horse skeleton.
















Here is a convenient "Shark-in-a-box." It comes with everything you need to dissect this shark, including teaching instructions. You can also get: Pig-in-a-box, Cat-in-a-box, Bananna Spider-in-a-box and Frog-in-a-box.





Here's the one that sent hiney tingles...


It took me a little bit to figure out what the heck this was. My mind scrabbled trying to figure out what this "machine" was for and if I had any need of it...was is some kind of skiing device? An exercise bed?











Then I saw this picture:




I quickly and calmly slammed the catalog shut, threw it in the recycling bin and switched my bin with someone else.
(Notice the man playing with the torture handle, he's probably getting a kick out of this).








Enough said, sweet dreams. Ask me about the cat head sometime, really, ask me...

4 comments:

hil said...

is that a gynecologist table or did you get that out of a sex magazine? hey, don't knock it till you've tried it...just kidding! at least with regular stirrups (and not those ski boots featured in the picture) you can make a quick break for it, if you feel so inclined (which i usually do as pap smears are not a hobby of mine). what the hell is up with those boots?!! and Haley, what about the cat head?

gigi said...

Where have you been all week? I've missed your comments. Oh that's right you've been peeing. Good luck with the fruit and water.

Ali said...

HA!!! It looks like a birthing table for skiers. Like you hit the slopes and then started contracting and didn't have time to take off your boots before you started pushing. Luckily, they have an apparatus designed to let you birth IN your ski boots. LUCKY YOU!! (This is perfect for having babies in the winter of Utah)

And I want a job that lets me get centaur skeleton magazines in the mail.

gigi said...

Happy Valentine's Day!