Monday, May 11, 2009

Sorry, I'm the worst daughter in the world

Not only did I get Mother's Day cards and gifts sent off too late for them to arrive in time for Mother's Day, I also didn't post a blog about how grateful I am for all the mother's out there who taught me a little bit here and there to make me the wonderful/humble woman that I am today.

If I may continue my usual tarty pattern I would like to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all you out there who have taken someone under your wing, showed a little kindness to someone that may not have deserved it, put others before yourself, smiled when you wanted to cry and gave a hug instead of a lecture. Because that's what being a mom is, whether you have your own kids or not, we women have that need to help.

Thanks to my mom, Betty Jo, for her strength and support even when I did stupid things. No one's perfect and she's the first to admit that she's not but I think that's ok. I wouldn't want a perfect mom, then I'd have to be perfect and that's not on my list of things to do.
I appreciate your dedication and admire that when you decide to do something, you do it, and you do it well.
Love you and thanks!!

Also thanks to my mother-in-law, Cindy, who raised my husband. Cindy is so patient and loving to everyone and everything. She's great with her grand babies and spoils everyone.
I'm so glad I get to be a part of your family.
Love you!

I hope all you women out there had a great Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I consider Cindy a second mother because she stayed up till WAAAY late in the night to fix my dress so I looked awesome for Judd's wedding. Only a mother would do that. I do love her.

And you are right. Eve was called a mother long before she had any kids. That should tell you something about what a mother really is.

Happy Mother's Day!