Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I believe in miracles

I made a potentially lethal (ok, not lethal, just nasty) miscalculation yesterday. You see, I ran out of clean undies.
Let me explain, we don't have a washer or dryer in our little apartment so once a week we load up the car with our dirty clothes and go to a nasty little laundry mat down the road. It's a filthy place and at times I wonder if it might be more beneficial to our health if I just hand washed our clothes in the bathtub. More time consuming, yes, but I also don't have to watch for roaches in the washing machine (yes, true story and I almost fainted).

Anyway, our schedule was thrown off last week so we didn't end up doing laundry on our usual day. That's cool, I had enough clean clothes to make it a few more days. Yesterday I was getting ready for work, standing nakey, telling Nate not to look at my tushy, and searching for a pair of clean drawers. After a long search I finally dug out my least favorite pair (at that point I almost thought about going commando) and shimmied into them.

I was sure I had a couple clean pairs left but just to be safe, last night I went searching...and found nothing. Not even an old pair with a hole in the cheeks. It was late, not enough time to go to the laundry mat. Nate, the support that he is, sat in his chair offering little smirks of encouragement. I was almost to the point to washing a pair in the bathtub (which Nate found a disgusting thought...don't know why) when Nate jumped up and pulled out an old pair of undies that were to small for him.
I know what you're thinking, "How romantic for Nate and Haley to share underoos." I feel the same way, it's like having a little piece of Nate with me all day cupping my cheeks.

No, the miracle is not that Nate and I have the same size tush or that the undies fit like a glove.
The miracle was that this morning as I stood in Nate's old drawers looking in the mirror, I looked over at a bag and remembered I had a spare change of clothes in it...could I possibly have a spare change of undies to? Please, please, please...yes, there they were. Clean folded undies just waiting for a warm bottom to fill them.

And I did.

My thanks to Nate for doing laundry this morning, I don't think miracles like that will happen twice in one week.

4 comments:

Athena said...

I find this very funny, because you two would share underwear but you wont fart infront of each other. hmmmmm please explain

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Don't worry. I've had to borrow from Grant several times, and I don't have a good excuse like a creepy laundromat. I would have been so traumatized by that roach! The fly on his drawers can be a bit distracting at first, but you get used to it.

What I want to know is why the men folk always seem to have more pairs of underwear than us women, thus running out of laundry long after us! I think it's just another way they try to keep us tame; so we know who really wears the (under)pants in the relationship.

hil said...

i spent many a night and p-day when i was a missionary hand washing my chonies in the shower or a water basin. south america makes gross things seem normal, so that didn't sound like such a bad idea to me. wearing your man's chones just ain't right. i am glad you found a pair of your own!